This warranty applies to Dyad or Niu branded products only. Dyad guarantees that all products are in good condition and free of defects in terms of materials and workmanship. Dyad also guarantees normal functioning of the cycle under normal conditions, according to the user manual and technical specifications. Dyad’s guarantee starts from the date of purchase.
New Electric Cycles. All new Dyad-branded or Niu-branded electric cycles (i.e. electric bicycles, electric scooters, power kits, kick scooters) are guaranteed two (2) years with the exception of batteries. Dyad's guarantee covers new lithium-ion batteries for one (1) year, and lead-acid batteries for one (1) year.
Refurbished Electric Cycles. Refurbished cycles bought directly from Dyad are guaranteed six (6) months. Dyad's guarantee covers used lithium-ion batteries for six (6) months, and used lead-acid batteries for six (6) months.
New Non-Electric Cycles. New Dyad-branded non-electric bicycles are guaranteed for one (1) year.
Refurbished Non-Electric Cycles. Refurbished Dyad-branded non-electric bicycles are guaranteed for six (6) months.
Transferable Warranty. Dyad's warranty is transferable from the original owner to a subsequent owner as long as the original invoice from Dyad is included in the resale. Dyad respects guarantees only for owners who can present proof of the original date of purchase.
Warranty Terms. Dyad guarantees parts and labour. This guarantee does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Improper assembly or general maintenance
Improper repair or follow-up maintenance by a Dyad representative or under direct supervision of a Dyad representative (Skype, phone, etc.)
- Mistaken application of the instructions and warnings provided by in the user’s manual or by a Dyad representative (whether verbally or in writing)
- Installation or modification of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the bike, scooter, or power kit as sold.
- Damage or failure due to an accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect
- Use for purposes other than for which the bike, scooter, or power kit were designed or involved in commercial use, unless the product is built and explicitly promoted for commercial use – such as commercial delivery; or illegal activities
- Rust, corrosion, or defects which are caused by extreme environmental conditions to which the vehicle could be exposed (ex. ice, snow, seawater, etc.)
- Flat tires
When applicable, Dyad will replace the part or product with a comparable part or product that may be new or refurbished. Replacement does not extend the warranty period.
Disclaimers and limitations of liability. The guarantee does not cover any damage(s), losses, costs, or expenses, direct, indirect, or incidental, consequential or special, arising out of or related to the product.
You understand that user manuals contain other disclaimers and limitations of liability and of guarantee which are hereby incorporated within the present warranty. You are responsible for reading the user manual(s) associated with your product.
Non-Dyad or non-Niu branded products. The guarantee does not apply to any non-Dyad or non-Niu branded products. These products each have their own branded warranty. The guarantee does not apply to any non-Dyad or non-Niu branded hardware products or any software, even if packaged or sold with Dyad or Niu hardware.
Niu-branded products. In Canada, Dyad is the exclusive distributor of Niu's products. As such, Dyad's warranty on Niu-branded products is only valid if the product is originally purchased from Dyad or an authorized Dyad reseller.